Free PowerPoint world map with rollover effect. Editable PPTX worldmap with 6 continents (Antarctica not included). On mouse over each of the 6 continents, a popup-like text box appears for your content or information related to this continent.
Includes the following editable continents: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
Understanding the basics / overall principle:
- The PPTX document contains 7 useful slides: the world map with the 6 editable continents, plus 1 slide with a text box repeated for each continent (i.e. 6 additional slides);
- Each continent outline is an editable and independent shape; colors and effects can be customized if needed;
- The trick to get the rollover effect: a rectangle shape with the same background color (here solid white fill) is inserted on each slide and sent to back. This allows to insert the necessary action for the “mouse out”. This shape can be modified (size, color) but should NEVER be deleted.
The PowerPoint rollover explained:
The first slide, i.e. the whole world map, is the primary slide you will go back to on “mouse out”. On this slide, every continent is basically (hyper)linked to its respective detailed slide.
The slides with the text box: as explained above, work with the additional (hidden) shape (the trick!).
If needed you can change the “Mouse Over” effect to a “Mouse Click” action: right-click the continent >> Edit hyperlink. Repeat for each continent. TIP: You can also right-click the cell or graphic and then click Edit Hyperlink, or you can press CTRL+K.
IMPORTANT: if you copy/paste these slides into your presentation, you may get the rollover effects not work properly on your presentation. To have the set of actions work correctly, you need to check and change all the hyperlink actions between all the shapes, i.e.:
- Slide “World Map”: actions linked to each of the 6 editable continents;
- Slides “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, “Africa”, “Asia”, “Australia”: actions only set on the background shape linked to the first slide “World Map” (or whatever you call it in your presentation…)
Slide size: standard (4:3)
Slide size: widescreen (16:9)
PowerPoint World Map with Rollover Effect features:
- 7 pre-designed unique and professional slides
- Fully editable / vector graphics. Easy to customize style (e.g., fills, outline, effects and size).
- Aspect ratios: Standard (4:3) and Widescreen (16:9)
- FREE font used: Calibri (system font)
- Format: PowerPoint (.PPTX)
The rollover effect (animated gif image):
Got it? If you still have any problem getting the effect work, do not hesitate to post a comment below.
14 thoughts on “PowerPoint World Map with Rollover Effect”
I really liked this web, thanks and thanks again, you made me a professional designer!
@Mohamed-Nur : Thanks, very glad you liked this one…
Hello (it’s me..sorry… Adele leave my body)
Well, I just wanted to say thank you a hundred times. Thank you for making this, thank you for sharing it and making it available to every one free of charges. You don’t know how much this has been ,is and will be helpful to me (and the people I work with). You’ve done a wonderful job!!!
@Nadège: Hello, thank you very much for your comment Adele… oups Nadège! 😉
thank you very much. You are very kind
thanks，you are very kind，IT·s a super nice website
thank you a lot i did a prayer for you merci
well… useful… BUT Europe shape is not that one! you have put in Turkey, Georgia, half Russia and so on.. sorry but I can’t use this map, my clients will not like it 🙂
Hi Alfred, thanks for the feedback. We’ll look into this!
thank you very much. You are very kind
I downloaded some of your presentation files back then in 2016. And now I am back! Thanks for sharing these presentation files.
Welcome back, Reza!
Thanks a lot for your sharing and those are so useful.