PowerPoint World Map with Rollover Effect
Free PowerPoint world map with rollover effect. Editable PPTX worldmap with 6 continents (Antarctica not included). On mouse over each of the 6 continents, a popup-like text box appears for your content or information related to this continent.
Includes the following editable continents: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
Understanding the basics / overall principle:
- The PPTX document contains 7 useful slides: the world map with the 6 editable continents, plus 1 slide with a text box repeated for each continent (i.e. 6 additional slides);
- Each continent outline is an editable and independent shape; colors and effects can be customized if needed;
- The trick to get the rollover effect: a rectangle shape with the same background color (here solid white fill) is inserted on each slide and sent to back. This allows to insert the necessary action for the “mouse out”. This shape can be modified (size, color) but should NEVER be deleted.
The PowerPoint rollover explained:
The first slide, i.e. the whole world map, is the primary slide you will go back to on “mouse out”. On this slide, every continent is basically (hyper)linked to its respective detailed slide.
The slides with the text box: as explained above, work with the additional (hidden) shape (the trick!).
If needed you can change the “Mouse Over” effect to a “Mouse Click” action: right-click the continent >> Edit hyperlink. Repeat for each continent. TIP: You can also right-click the cell or graphic and then click Edit Hyperlink, or you can press CTRL+K.
IMPORTANT: if you copy/paste these slides into your presentation, you may get the rollover effects not work properly on your presentation. To have the set of actions work correctly, you need to check and change all the hyperlink actions between all the shapes, i.e.:
- Slide “World Map”: actions linked to each of the 6 editable continents;
- Slides “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, “Africa”, “Asia”, “Australia”: actions only set on the background shape linked to the first slide “World Map” (or whatever you call it in your presentation…)
Slide size: standard (4:3)
Slide size: widescreen (16:9)
PowerPoint World Map with Rollover Effect features:
- 7 pre-designed unique and professional slides
- Fully editable / vector graphics. Easy to customize style (e.g., fills, outline, effects and size).
- Aspect ratios: Standard (4:3) and Widescreen (16:9)
- FREE font used: Calibri (system font)
- Format: PowerPoint (.PPTX)
The rollover effect (animated gif image):
Got it? If you still have any problem getting the effect work, do not hesitate to post a comment below.